|Dogs require a diet varied in proteins, carbs, fats,
minerals, vitamins and plenty of water. How much they need will depend
upon their age and activity levels. Aim for a balance and feed in
Types of Food
There are three main types of dog food:
Whatever type you select make sure that is has 100% nutritional
value. Name brands and premium foods offer a better balance and
will produce a smaller, firmer stool in your dog.
• Foods to Avoid
• Milk-can cause diarrhea in some pets
• Raw eggs- adding lots of raw eggs can cause a deficiency
of the vitamin biotin.
• Raw fish- can cause a deficiency of thiamine
• Table scraps
• Raw Meat
• Small soft bones such as pork or chicken
Snacks and Treats
Treats are a great way to reward your dog for good behavior.
Most are high in calories and should be given in moderation.
Most common types:
• Rawhide balls
• Artificial bones that can be stuffed with cheese
• Dog cookies
• Fruits and vegetables
Avoid chocolate! It can be toxic to your dog